preCICE Workshop 2020
February 17-18, 2020 at the Technical University of Munich, Department of Informatics (campus Garching), Lecture Hall 2.
After meeting you at invited sessions in conferences around Europe, it is time that we meet at home, where everything started.
In the two (core) days of the Workshop, we plan to have talks by users and developers of preCICE, presenting challenging applications, latest features, as well as the foundations.
The following is a rough preliminary schedule for the workshop. The main part of the workshop stretches between Monday noon to Tuesday noon. However, we also plan additional events directly before and after the conference.
Sunday, February 16
If you are in Munich the day before, join us for a social event on Sunday. (optional, TBA)
Monday, February 17
- 09:00 - 11:00 Hands-on introductory workshop (optional, recommended if you are new to preCICE)
- 11:30 - 11:40 Opening
- 11:40 - 12:30 Introduction Blitz (1 slide and 1 minute per person) (TBA)
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:30 Invited Speaker I
- 14:30 - 15:30 Contributed Talks (3x)
- 15:30 - 16:30 Coffee Break, time for individual discussions
- 16:30 - 17:30 Developer Presentations (2x)
- 17:30 - 18:30 Contributed Talks (3x)
- 19:30 Dinner
Tuesday, February 18
- 09:00 - 10:00 Contributed Talks (3x)
- 10:00 - 10:30 Developer Presentation (1x)
- 10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:00 - 12:00 Panel Discussion
- 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 - 18:00 Hands-on user support (optional)
Wednesday, February 19
- 9:00 - 18:00 Hands-on user support (if requested)
This is an academic, non-profit conference. However, we still have to collect a small registration fee.
For early registrations (until November 15), the registration fee is 100€, which covers the catering and the workshop dinner. A later registration (until February 7) is also possible, with a registration fee of 150€.
Please use the registration form to register.
Call for contributions
We are aiming for 8-12 contributed talks of 15-25min each, focused more on coupling / preCICE-specific aspects and less on the scientific background of applications. We will notify you about acceptance until December 15.
Please note that this is not a classical scientific conference, but a user and developer meeting. Contributions are very welcome, if they fit the purpose, but not mandatory.
Possible contributions include (non-exclusively):
- New adapters for community codes
- Coupling numerics
- Comparison of different mapping, coupling, and communication methods
- Coupling boundary conditions
- Multi-scale coupling
- Building, packaging, testing, documentation and other Research Software Engineering topics
Please use the registration form if you would like to submit a talk.
The TUM campus Garching is well connected to the Munich airport (MUC), as well as to the city center and central train & bus stations. You can reach it using the subway line U6 (station Garching-Forschungszentrum). Have a look at the Directions page of TUM for more.
We would be very happy if you could choose a train or other environmentally-friendly ways to come to Munich. Please avoid flying if possible.
We have reserved a limited number of single rooms for you at the hotel Hoyacker Hof for the price of 82€ per night, including breakfast. We recommend this offer, as this very good, bavarian-style hotel is very close to the workshop venue and to the restaurant where we will host the invited dinner. It is also very well connected to the city center.
Please use the code
preCICE when booking. The offer is available until January 7.
Funding and travel grants
This is a no-profit, academic conference. A big “thank you” to SPPEXA for the financial support of the Workshop! With this support, we are able to provide a small number of travel grants to (PhD) students who would not be able to join otherwise. If this applies to you, please explain your situation in the registration form.
- November 15: End of early registration, abstract submission deadline, travel grant application deadline.
- December 15: Notification of acceptance, detailed schedule published.
- February 7: Registration deadline.
- February 17-18: Main part of the workshop.