Dear preCICE Users,
Continuing from the success of the preCICE Workshop of February this year, we are pleased to announce the 2nd preCICE Workshop to be held from the 22nd to 25th of February 2021 in Stuttgart, Germany. The workshop in February showed us the diversity of users from across the globe, and we are excited to continue to interact with all users/developers/interested-persons and enthusiasts of preCICE.
We will once again be including a mixture of talks, including developer and user talks, and hands-on workshop sessions.
Due to the uncertain times we are experiencing with the COVID-19 pandemic, we know that some will not be able to travel to Stuttgart. We are therefore planning to host the workshop virtually. This may pose a challenge for some parties, but we are committed to giving everyone the best experience possible.
Registration are now open. We look forward to welcoming back previous participants, and introducing more members to the preCICE community.
Kind regards, preCICE Team
February 22-25, 2021 at the University of Stuttgart
The workshop stretches from Monday noon to Thursday evening. Further details on the program will be released later.
Monday, February 22
- 13:00 - 13:30 Welcoming
- 13:30 - 14:00 Introductory video Q&A session
- 14:30 - 15:00 Break
- 15:00 - 17:00 Introductory workshop I
Tuesday, February 23
- 10:00 - 13:00 User presentations (20-30 min each)
- live chat Q&A during video
- live Q&A afterwards
- 13:00 - 14:00 Break
- 14:00 - 16:00 Introductory workshop II
- 16:00 - 17:00 Frédéric Simonis: What’s new in preCICE
Wednesday, February 24
- 10:00 - 11:30 Developer talks
- 11:30 - 12:00 Speakers in breakout rooms for Q&A
- 12:00 - 13:00 Break
- 13:00 - 14:30 Developer talks
- 14:30 - 15:00 Speakers in breakout rooms for Q&A
- 15:00 - 16:00 Break
- 16:00 - 17:00 Workshop feedback
- 17:00 - 17:10 Closing
Thursday, February 25
- The entire day is dedicated to hands-on user support
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 13:00 - 15:00
- 16:00 - 18:00
More details on speaker talks will be released after the early bird registration deadline.
This is an academic, non-profit conference. However, we still have to collect a small registration fee.
For early registrations (until January 17), the registration fee is 50€. Registration is still possible after this date, with a registration fee of 100€.
Please use the registration form to register.
For those that do not have access to funding to pay for the registration, you can write an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will evaluate each case individually. For selected cases we will supply a voucher to be used when registering that voids the required payment.
Call for contributions
Please note that this is not a classical scientific conference, but a user and developer meeting. Contributions are very welcome, if they fit the purpose, but not mandatory.
Possible contributions include (non-exclusively):
- New adapters for community codes
- Coupling numerics
- Comparison of different mapping, coupling, and communication methods
- Coupling boundary conditions
- Multi-scale coupling
- Building, packaging, testing, documentation and other Research Software Engineering topics
Please use the registration form if you would like to submit a talk.
- Early bird registration until January 17 at 23:59 CET
- Late registration until February 15
- Abstract submission until January 17 at 23:59 CET
- Recorded talks to be received until February 8
- Workshop February 22-25