- Get CalculiX and the dependencies
- Build the Adapter
- Configure and run simulations
- Follow a tutorial:
- Tutorial for CHT with OpenFOAM and CalculiX: Flow in a shell-and-tube heat exchanger
- Tutorial for FSI with OpenFOAM and CalculiX: Flow in a channel with an elastic flap, either perpendicular, or parallel to the flow and attached to a cylinder.
- Tutorial on structure-structure coupling: Elastic beam artificially cut into two halves
Are you encountering an unexpected error? Have a look at our Troubleshooting page.
Do you Want to build on a cluster? Look at our instructions for SuperMUC (outdated).
Please check the Calculix adapter README for the newest compatible CalculiX version.
Adapters for older versions of CalculiX and preCICE are available in various branches. Branches compatible with preCICE v2.x:
All other branches are compatible with preCICE v1.x.
The adapter was initially developed for conjugate heat transfer (CHT) simulations via preCICE by Lucia Cheung in the scope of her master’s thesis  in cooperation with SimScale. For running the adapter for CHT simulations refer to this thesis. The adapter was extended to fluid-structure interaction by Alexander Rusch .
 Lucia Cheung Yau. Conjugate heat transfer with the multiphysics coupling library precice. Master’s thesis, Department of Informatics, Technical University of Munich, 2016.
 Benjamin Uekermann, Hans-Joachim Bungartz, Lucia Cheung Yau, Gerasimos Chourdakis and Alexander Rusch. Official preCICE Adapters for Standard Open-Source Solvers. In Proceedings of the 7th GACM Colloquium on Computational Mechanics for Young Scientists from Academia, 2017.